Advocate's approach to excellence in Down Syndrome care
Through Advocate Lutheran Hospital's Adult and Teen Down Syndrome Center, we provide patient-centered, comprehensive, wholistic, community-based health care services. We focus on our patients' medical and psychosocial needs and encourage involvement in their own health promotion.
Our multidisciplinary team includes a practice manager to coordinate comprehensive care for each patient.
- Physician and nurse practitioner: medical services
- Clinical therapist: psychosocial services
- Registered and licensed dietitian: nutritional counseling
- Patient representative: appointment scheduling and reception services
- Certified medical assistant: medical support
For families who have an adult or teen with Down syndrome, it's important to understand that we are there for you and your loved one. Our advocacy and outreach specialists offer support and serve as liaisons to the community care networks.