Genetic services include:
- Identification of the mode of inheritance.
- Identification of patients at risk for whom testing is available.
- Assessment of recurrence risks and possibilities for prenatal diagnosis.
Those who may wish to consider genetic counseling include:
- Parents who have a child with a birth defect or hereditary disorder.
- Individuals with a family history of a birth defect or hereditary disorder.
- Couples with a history of infertility.
- Couples with recurrent miscarriages/stillbirths.
- Pregnant women with an abnormal screening.
- Women, age 35 or older.
- Members of certain ethnic groups at risk for a genetic disorder.
- Pregnant women or women planning pregnancy, exposed to a potentially harmful agent (drugs, radiation, alcohol, virus).
- Couples who are first cousins or close blood relatives.
For more information or to schedule an appointment, call 847.723.7705.