Advocate Health Care is recognized as one of the nation’s top 10 health systems and is the largest integrated health care system in Illinois. Advocate offers more than 250 sites of care, including ten acute-care hospitals and two children's hospitals. Advocate has academic and teaching affiliations with all major universities in the Chicago Metropolitan area.
Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center, located on Chicago’s North Side, is one of the state’s largest, most comprehensive nonprofit medical centers. It is a busy urban community teaching hospital, offering comprehensive inpatient services as well as a full breadth of outpatient services. A recipient of numerous awards for quality and clinical excellence, Illinois Masonic was ranked one of the nation’s 100 Top Hospitals by Thomson Reuters for the past three years and named one of the 50 Best Hospitals in America in Becker’s Hospital Review in 2011.
- 408-bed teaching hospital
- Fully implemented Electronic Medical Record
- Level I Trauma Center (highest designation awarded by the state)
- Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (highest designation awarded by the state)
- Certified Primary Stroke Center
- Awarded Magnet Status for Nursing Excellence
- Culturally diverse patient population and work environment
The Pharmacy Department is staffed by a group of highly motivated pharmacists and technicians who strive to provide innovative services. With many residency trained, board certified pharmacists the department is committed to the provision of safe, effective, evidence-based medicine and works collaboratively to deliver excellent care to all patients.
- Decentralized clinical pharmacy services provided to medical, surgical, telemetry, obstetric, pediatric, neonatal, medical and surgical intensive care units as well as an active emergency department
- Inpatient medication distribution via utilization of Omnicell and centralized IV preparation
- Comprehensive pharmacy services provided to outpatient Creticos Cancer Center
- Pharmacy-managed Health and Wellness Clinic providing Anticoagulation, Smoking Cessation and Lipid Management services
- Medication Assistance Program