As a program of education for pastoral ministry, Advocate CPE welcomes applications from persons who have a sense of call to ministry, appreciable religious/theological formation or training, and a desire to learn. No person shall be denied admission because of race, gender, sexual orientation, age, faith group, ordination status, national origin, physical disability, or socio-economic status.
Applicants will be considered for acceptance into a program on the basis of the following criteria:
- They have sufficient personal maturity to be able to function in a responsible manner in a ministry setting.
- They have sufficient faith maturity to be generally supportive of persons desiring pastoral care.
- They have the stamina and physical ability to safely manage the physical environment of the site.
- They are able and willing to engage in an interactive and collaborative educational program comprised primarily of graduate level students.
- They can articulate learning goals for the program they are applying to enter.
An application will be considered when the following have been received:
- A fully completed standard ACPE application form, accompanied by the required written responses.
- A personal interview with the supervisor, or a person acceptable to the supervisor.
(Note: If a person is applying beyond an initial unit of CPE, all their final evaluations(s) and that of their supervisor(s) must be included.)