Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center is a unique community teaching hospital and an affiliate of several Chicago area medical schools. Illinois Masonic has a tradition of clinical and academic excellence, which goes back to the early 1900's: 2001 was its 100th anniversary!
Advocate's Mission Statement
The mission of Advocate Health Care is to serve the health needs of individuals, families, and communities through a holistic philosophy rooted in our fundamental understanding of human beings as created in the image of God.
To accomplish it's mission, Advocate Health Care subscribes to the following values to guide its relationships and actions:
Department of Internal Medicine Mission Statement
To improve the health of the patients cared for and the community served by the physicians in the Department of Internal Medicine through the process of providing them wellness oriented, high quality medical care.
By combining the mission and values of Advocate Health Care and the Department of Medicine, we strive to provide the highest quality of medical care with compassion and excellence to all of the patients that make up our diverse community.
"Wellness-oriented, high quality medical care" is characterized by the creation of a medical environment with the following attributes:
- Where prevention and wellness are high priorities leading to improved diagnostic and therapeutic disease management skills by development of unique "Patient Care" systems.
- Where no patient is denied an indicated or receives an unnecessary or unwanted test, procedure or treatment.
- Maintenance of an intense commitment to the education of physicians, medical students, and paramedical personnel, as well as our patients and their families.
- Facilitative of the discovery and application of new medical knowledge.
- Fosters a friendly, yet stimulating environment for physicians, patients and their families.
The Department of medicine strives to live by our mission and values, and welcomes students, residents and physicians, who support these principles.
James B. Malow, M.D.
Chair, Department of Internal Medicine
Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center