Advocate Health Care is affiliated with four (4) Chicago area universities/physician assistant programs for hospital rotations:
Only Physician Assistant students from the above listed universities/programs may do rotations at Advocate hospitals.
- Malcolm X College (Trinity Hospital)
- Midwestern University, College of Health Sciences
- Northwestern University (Good Shepherd Hospital)
- Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science, College of Health Professions
The Advocate hospitals offering Physician Assistant (PA) student rotations are: Christ Medical Center, Condell Medical Center, Lutheran General Hospital, Good Samaritan Hospital, Good Shepherd Hospital, South Suburban Hospital and Trinity Hospital. All rotations scheduled at these sites must be supervised by an Attending physician with the appropriate credentials and medical staff privileges at the rotating hospital.
All physician preceptors must complete the "Supervising Physician Agreement" which must be signed and on file in the appropriate hospital/site administrative office prior to the rotation start date. The site coordinator will be responsible for the completion of this form.
The following policies are relevant to physician assistant student placement. Please read before applying for a rotation.
Scheduling a Rotation
- Students from Affiliated Physician Assistant Programs
All rotations are scheduled through the university/program.
- Students from Non-Affiliated Physician Assistant Programs
Rotations for non-affiliated physician assistant students are NOT offered at this time.