Thank you for your interest in our Obstetrics & Gynecology Residency Program. Advocate Lutheran General Hospital is a not-for-profit tertiary-care teaching, research and referral hospital licensed for 742 beds. We will be accepting applications for the 2014-2015 academic year via ERAS only (www.aamc.org/eras). No paper, fax, or email applications will be considered. Our program is a 4-year training program with 3 positions available every year.
In order to be considered for an interview, candidates must:
- Be citizens or permanent residents of the United States (no visas are accepted).
- BE a graduate of a medical school, in the U.S. or Canada accredited by the LCME.
- Have graduated from a medical school within the last 5 years.
- Have no more than one failed attempt on USMLE I and USMLE II (or COMLEX I or II).
- Have at least 1 year of experience in a clinical setting (other than research) – for IMGs.
- ERAS application (available at http://www.aamc.org/students/eras/start.htm)
- Personal Statement
- Curriculum Vitae
- Three letters of recommendation - If you are transferring from another program one of these letters must be from your current/previous Program Director.
- Dean’s letter
- Medical School transcript
- USMLE or COMLEX transcript
- If you are a foreign medical graduate, please submit a copy of your ECFMG certificate
Interview dates and deadline for applying
Interviews will be scheduled between November 2013 – January 2014. The deadline to submit your application is November 15, 2013.
Thank you for taking the time to review our website! We hope it will answer your questions, but if you have additional inquiries or comments please let us know by contacting us via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone at 847.723.8404.