Medical Student Office
1775 West Dempster Street, 6 South
Park Ridge, Illinois 60068
Once a rotation is scheduled or approved, the following forms and information must be received by the Medical Student Office a minimum of two (2) weeks prior to the rotation start date. Information can be submitted via e-mail, fax, or postal service. Students must follow-up with the Coordinator to ensure paperwork has been received.
- Medical Student Information Form
- Must be completed for EVERY rotation scheduled at an Advocate Hospital/Medical Center
- Medical and Immunization Clearance Form (Health Form)
- TB Test - If TB test expires during a scheduled rotation, an updated test is required prior to the rotation start date. Positive TB test (9+) requires proof of negative chest x-ray (must be dated after positive TB test) and TB Questionnaire (valid for 1 calendar year).
- Mask Fit Test - Every student, rotating on a clinical service, must be fit tested for a TB mask. The date and type of mask must be indicated on the medical clearance form.
- Vaccination/Immunity Status - Student must indicate the date of the immunity titer and circle the result. If no titer, please indicate vaccination dates as listed.
- Flu Vaccine – Students are required to be vaccinated for the current season prior to the rotation start date (October 1 – April 30).
- Students are required to sign the form to verify the accuracy of the information.
- Confidentiality Agreement
Students from schools other than UIC, RFUMS, and Midwestern-CCOM:
- Letter of Good Standing - The letter must be on University/Medical School stationery and be signed by the Office of Student Affairs. Must verify student academic status, the medical school's approval/authorization of the named elective, and the student evaluation requirements. Also must include verification or documentation of the following:
- Evidence of completed Criminal Background check-supplied by the university/medical school to Medical Student Office
- Evidence/verification of OSHA/Universal Precautions Training-supplied by the university/medical school to the Medical Student Office
- Evidence/verification of HIPAA training-supplied by the university/medical school to the Medical Student Office
- Verification of student health insurance coverage
- Documentation of malpractice/liability insurance in the required amounts of $1 million per occurrence/$ 3 million aggregate
All medical students must park in the open surface lot across Dempster Street at the Luther Lane traffic light. If you are not able to find parking, you may enter the North Garage through the manned booth.
*Students are not permitted to park in the garages in front of or next to the hospital. These areas are designated for patients, and parking there may result in a parking citation.
All medical students must display parking placards for the designated parking lot. You can register for a parking placard with the Medical Student Office. Please come prepared with the license plate number/s for any cars you may be parking on campus during your rotation.
Directions to the Medical Student Office:
- Enter the hospital through the Parkside building entrance.
- You will go left and continue on that hallway.
- At the end of the hallway, turn left and walk past the A Elevators and the information desk.
- Look for signs for the C and S Elevators.
- Walk past the C Elevators and follow the signs to the S Elevators.
- Take the elevator to the 6th floor.
- Exit the elevator and walk past the small reception area.
- Go through the entrance and make a quick right (the Medical Student Office is around the corner).
- Upon arrival, please have a seat until we announce the start of your orientation.