Because Advocate Health Care has foundational spiritual beliefs, we provide spiritual hospitality and spiritual care.
Advocate Foundational Spiritual Beliefs
- Advocate Health Care, faithful to its religious heritage and sponsorship, provides health care that is anchored in a belief that all persons are created in the image of God.
- Advocate affirms the worth and spiritual freedom of all persons and seeks to treat them with respect and dignity.
- We believe that health encompasses physical, emotional, relational, ethical and spiritual concerns and that God is the source of all healing.
- We believe that spiritual practices enhance health and well being.
- Advocate welcomes persons of all faiths to all of our programs of care.
- We provide all modes of care in a manner which respects each person's faith tradition.
- We value the contribution of each community of faith to the health of individuals, families, and communities.
- All Advocate hospitals have chaplains that offer spiritual care to all persons of any faith tradition and to those without a religious affiliation.
- Advocate chaplains are aware of diverse religious and cultural beliefs and practices and/or special needs surrounding significant life passages.
- Chaplains offer spiritual care as integral members of multi-disciplinary teams, fostering a wholistic philosophy and promoting inter-professional partnerships.
- Chaplains are available to assist patients and families in resolving issues that involve ethical and/or religious values and concerns.
- Advocate chaplains will endeavor to support the relationships which patients and families have to their faith communities.