- Vacation - Easy to schedule and the program is very flexible with dates. Residents are eligible for 4 weeks (20 days) of vacation per contract year.
- Sick Days - Each resident/fellow is eligible for twelve (12) sick days per contract year.
- Personal Days - Each resident/fellow is eligible for three (3) personal days per contract year.
- On-Call Rooms are provided for all residents.
- Lab Coats - Each resident will receive 2 lab coats per academic year. Laundry service for lab coats is provided at no cost to the resident.
- On-Call Meals - All residents assigned to in-house call will receive meal tickets for use in the hospital cafeteria and/or Courtyard Café.
|Year of Training
||2010 - 2011
||2011 - 2012
For updated salary and benefits information, please click here.
Sample of Contract
The Warren N. Barr Tower is a 20-story apartment building located on the campus of Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center. The building includes studio, one and two bedroom apartments. The upper floors offer beautiful views of Lake Michigan and the Chicago skyline. The building also includes laundry facilities and a Fitness Room.
In an attempt to afford all incoming house staff an equitable opportunity to secure housing in Barr Tower, information about and application for apartments are distributed for all programs after the NRMP Match. The Medical Education Department is responsible for mailing housing information to the new House Staff.
The current monthly rental rates are as follows:
- Studio - $681.00
- One-Bedroom - $762.00
- Two-Bedrooms - $973.00
Rent is collected through payroll deduction. Rental rates are subject to change.
On campus parking is available for approx.. $50/ month.