To apply for admission to the School of Radiologic Technology, all applicants must meet the following required academic and technical standards:
- Applicants must be 18 years of age or older.
- Applicants applying to the program must be high school graduates or the equivalent.
- Applicants should rank within the upper one-half of their high school graduating class.
- Applicants should show evidence of a 2.0 or "C" equivalent grade point average.
- GED candidates must have a total standard score of 225 with no individual score less than 36.
- Must have 15 credit hours of college prior to applying with: one English and one Math course with a grade of "C" or better.
Additional requirements for all applicants:
- A score within the average range or better on the PSB admission test, parts 1 thru 5 and a 70 percent or better on the math exam.
- Applicants must provide two completed letters of recommendation forms.
- Applicants meeting the minimum testing standards will be invited for an observation of x-ray procedures, and be interviewed by the admissions committee at the hospital. They should be prepared to spend eight hours completing this requirement.
- Applicants selected into the program, must successfully pass a physical examination, which includes a drug-screening test.
- Applicants accepted into the program, must be willing to obtain two year CPR certification independent of the school.
- All applicants must satisfy the following technical standards.