We exist to serve. And we're serving in more ways than
you might imagine.
At Advocate Health Centers our commitment to our communities is without peer. In every location we're actively involved and we're making a real difference. To ensure our responsiveness, we have developed a Community Relations Council, made up of representatives from all our Centers. This Council plays an active role in conducting needs assessments for our communities and in developing appropriate, timely health education programming. We have also developed partnerships with key community leaders, aldermen, and business owners, as well as school and church leaders.
We're proud of what we've accomplished. And rest assured, we will be doing even more this year and in the years to come.
How we're making a difference:
- MedFest. For the fifth consecutive year, Advocate Health Centers will sponsor MedFest, an event in which our physicians, nurses, and associates volunteer their time to provide physical examinations to young athletes who hope to participate in the Special Olympics games. Many of these athletes live in residential facilities or do not have family doctors. Without MedFest, they would not be able to obtain the medical clearance needed for participation, and they would miss out on the many social and emotional benefits this event can offer.
- Evergreen Plaza Family Health and Safety Fair. We worked in partnership with The Plaza, Evergreen Park Police and Fire Departments, and Mayor Daley's Bicycle Ambassadors to present a summer health and safety fair. Advocate Health Centers' physicians and nurses were on hand to answer questions, emphasizing the importance of asthma education and treatment.
- Holiday Food Drives. For the past several years, Advocate Health Centers have raised money and food to make holiday food baskets for needy families in the communities we serve.
Lectures and Health Fairs. Among the many free educational events offered by Advocate Health Centers during the past year were:
- "The Art of Keeping Abreast" addresses breast health for women of all ages
- "Oh, My Strong Bones" teaches participants how to lessen the risk of osteoporosis
- "Your Heart Needs an Advocate" presents heart health information and blood pressure screenings
- "Breathe Easy," a health booth that displays information on understanding, preventing, and managing asthma
Advocate Health Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer