Sponsored by Advocate Health Care and the systemwide Clinical Excellence Mammography Team, our aim is to help you attain better breast health. All women should know that the first step in beating breast cancer is early detection through mammography, as well as patient awareness and education.
What is the Breast Health Information Site?
The Breast Health Information Site is Advocate's way of providing you with recommendations and national guidelines so that more women will receive screening mammograms based on appropriate risk factors.
We also work to provide you with the very best in breast health services at all of our Advocate sites.
Choose Advocate and discover these comprehensive services:
- Convenient locations with more hours available for appointments.
- Comfortable health care settings that respect your right to dignity and privacy.
- Timely mammography results sent to you and your primary care physician.
- A caring and highly skilled staff of physicians and specialists.
- Multidisciplinary teams of radiologists, oncologists, and surgeons-to take care of your treatment needs.
- Breast Health Specialists and Coordinators-specially trained nurses and radiology technologists that provide you with support, education and assistance, and who are there for you every step of the way.
- The newest in technology and advanced techniques, including:
- Excellence in Standards of Quality Screening and Diagnostic
- Pre-operative Wire Localization
- Breast Ultrasound
- Ultrasound-guided biopsies
- Sentinel lymph node biopsies
- Stereotactic biopsies
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- Computed Tomography (CT)
- And, a dedication to bring early detection to the forefront of breast cancer awareness. Advocate wants the very best for you!
What can you do?
There are steps you can take to stay healthy, such as doing a monthly self-breast examination, having your physician do an annual clinical breast examination, and keeping that appointment for your annual screening mammogram.
To learn more about the availability of screening mammograms, contact the Advocate site nearest you for physician referrals and mammography locations.
For more information...
The Advocate Breast Care Center invites you to browse our web page. We hope to answer your questions and guide you and your family as you deal with the successes of early detection, or the difficulties you may encounter with a diagnosis of breast cancer.