Traveling abroad? Be safe; be smart!
Whether you're traveling for pleasure or business, education or religious work, get the information and preventive medicine you need right here in Bloomington-Normal. Advocate Medical Group's Travel Clinic offers services including proper immunizations, medications, and destination-specific health information. In many cases, health insurance pays for this service.
For every 100,000 people who journey to developing countries:
- 75,000 will experience some type of health problem
- 30,000 or more will contract travelers' diarrhea
- Approximately 10,000 (1 in 10) will become sick enough to seek medical attention during or after the trip
Ensure your travels are safe and enjoyable-take the right precautions before you leave, especially if your destinations include areas where you could be exposed to vaccine-preventable diseases. The World Health Organization advises travelers to consult a travel medicine clinic 4-6 weeks before departure. We are the only clinic in McLean County providing yellow fever vaccines.
Available immunizations include:
• Hepatitis A • Rabies • Hepatitis B • Tetanus • Typhoid fever • Japanese encephalitis • Yellow fever • Polio • Meningitis • Diphtheria and pertussis • Varicella • Several others
Getting the information and immunizations you need before overseas travel is easy with Advocate Medical Group's Travel Clinic.
- Print off the forms from the links below, or stop by during regular business hours to pick up an information packet with the preliminary paperwork about you and your trip (no appointment required), or call and we will fax or e-mail the forms to you.
- Complete the forms and return them to the Travel Clinic. A doctor will review your history and travel information to decide what services and immunizations you will need.
- You will then be called by Travel Clinic staff to discuss your needed services and the costs involved. An appointment will also be scheduled at this time.
Patient Questionnaire Form
Advocate Medical Group Travel Clinic
3024 E. Empire St., Bloomington
(Rt. 9, across from the airport)
309.454.4411 (option 1)
Hours by appointment