Advocate BroMenn Medical Center's Diabetes & Nutrition Services is a complete education program to help you manage your diabetes or your nutritional needs. We have services for you and the other important people in your life. Health care professionals specially trained in nutrition and diabetes management work with you.
BroMenn's diabetes services has received the American Diabetes Association Recognition Certificate for quality. This means BroMenn meets and maintains high national standards set by diabetes education experts.
- Individual meal planning
- Individual or group diabetes self-management education sessions. These meetings help you learn to live with diabetes. We will talk about nutrition, exercise, blood sugar testing, medications, stress, watching for complications, and managing insulin (if needed). We focus on helping you make behavior changes that you need to stay healthy.
- Continuous glucose monitoring system
- Cardiac risk reduction
- Pregnancy concerns
- Pediatric nutrition concerns
- Weight management
- Diabetes Update, an annual information seminar.
- Community education, including health fairs and other health-related educational events.
Scheduling an Appointment
Please call the Diabetes & Nutrition Services office at 309.268.5952 to make an appointment. You will need a doctor's referral to receive services. You can contact your physician directly, or call us and we will help you.
Individual session appointments are available Monday - Friday between 8 am and 4:30 pm. Our staff can tell you more about times and days for other services.
What to Expect
At your first visit, you and our professional staff will assess your current health condition and set up a program based on your needs. Your education sessions will be tailored to your specific health care concerns. Please bring your medication list and food and glucose diaries, if you have them. Education may be provided over several sessions. Follow-up visits, either by appointment or by phone, will answer your questions and explore your progress toward your goals.
Please call us for fee information. BroMenn will bill your insurance directly for office consultations. Since each health care policy is different, your insurance company may or may not pay for these services.
Call BroMenn Diabetes & Nutrition Services at 309.268.5952 for more information or to be added to our mailing list.