Be Safe and Healthy When You Head Back-to-School
Hey kids! Summer's almost done and it's time for school to start again. (Aw, come on! School's fun!)
Did you know it's important to make sure you stay safe and healthy when you head back to school? Here are three tips just for you! (and for your parents too!)
Tip #1: Know Your Safe Backpack Weight
How many books do you drag around in your school bag? Use our backpack calculator to find out if your backpack is too heavy!
Tip #2: Be Safe When You Take the School Bus
- Wait for the bus to stop before your step off the curb.
- Stay in your seat when you get on bus.
- Wear the seat belts provided. If your bus doesn't have seat belts, let your parents or teachers know!
- Look both ways for traffic before crossing to or from the bus.
- Make sure the bus driver can see you at all times.
Tip #3: Be Safe When You Ride Your Bike to School
- Always wear a helmet, even if you only have a short ride.
- Ride in the same direction as auto traffic.
- Use hand signals to let drivers know you plan to turn.
- Obey the traffic lights and stop signs.
- Wear bright clothes so others can see you.
- Try our Samantha's bike safety tool to learn more
Learn more about school safety with our Sam's school safety tool...
Stay safe and have fun this school year!