Advocate at Home brings hospital quality care into your home, making the transition from hospital or nursing home a smooth one.
Advocate at Home (formerly Advocate Home Health Services) provides care for the patient who needs some home-based services which require the skills and monitoring of nurses and therapists. These services are usually needed for only a short time or on an intermittent basis and are generally reimbursable by Medicare, Medicaid and insurance.
Services are provided by trained personnel from the home health care team:
- Registered Nurses
- Physical Therapists
- Occupational Therapists
- Speech/Language Pathologists
- Social Workers
- Certified Home Health Aides
Our team offers these individualized services:
- Nursing care, which can include wound care; all types of catheter care; venipunctures; injections; setting up medications in unit doses; teaching; infusion therapy, including pain control, antibiotic therapy, etc.; phototherapy; ostomy care and other specialized treatment prescribed by your physician. Nurses are on call 24 hours a day to respond to questions and emergencies.
- Personal care, including assistance with bathing, shampooing, dressing, exercising and other activities relating to personal care.
- Therapy services, including physical and occupational therapy to restore motion and function, speed recovery, improve body movement and coordination and relieve pain. Therapists educate patients in the use of medical equipment to make daily tasks easier. Speech/language pathologists work with individuals to improve speech and swallowing.
- Medical social workers provide support to patients and families and assist with community and financial resources.
- Lifeline, an easy-to-use personal response service that ensures older adults living at home get quick assistance whenever it is needed - 24 hours a day.
The central Illinois branch of Advocate at Home is located at 303 N. Hershey Rd., Bloomington. We are licensed by the Illinois Department of Public Health under the Home Health Agency Act. Advocate Home Health Services is Medicare certified and is a member of the Illinois Home Health Care Council.
For more information, call Advocate at Home, 309.268.5930.