Have your baby where more birthdays are celebrated than anywhere else in the area.
The obstetrics staff at Advocate BroMenn Medical Center caters to the needs of expectant and new moms. With our newly-opened, advanced OB unit, now is a great time to find out why more area moms choose to have their babies with us.
With our expertise, ranging from prenatal care through your child's teenage years, you can rely on us to be here for your family for years to come.
Why Choose Advocate BroMenn Medical Center
- Advocate BroMenn Medical Center delivers more babies than any other hospital in the area. Our experienced, highly-trained care team bring nearly 2,000 new lives into the world every year.
- New moms enjoy the comfort of large, private rooms with plenty of space for family and friends to come meet the new arrival. Best of all, most moms will be in the same room throughout their entire stay.
- The area's best OB/GYN physicians handle deliveries at Advocate BroMenn.
- Our new Level 2 Special Care Nursery, with the latest in infant care technology, provides an even higher level of care for infants who need it. Each Special Care infant will be in a private room, with a recliner to allow mom to be with her baby as much as possible.
- Two state-of-the-art operating rooms on the unit for deliveries that require a cesarean section.
Our Amenities and Features
- The bright and airy rooms each have a sleeper sofa that pulls out to a full-size bed as well as a recliner or glider rocker, and feature finishes that evoke an upscale hotel room, including wood cabinetry, beautiful fabrics, a table and chairs, and complimentary WiFi. The bathrooms feature solid-surface countertops and glass tile trim.
- Lighting, artwork and the color palette in the patient rooms promote healing and a therapeutic milieu.
- Rooms have integrated central surveillance equipment, enabling the clinical staff to monitor fetal heartbeat and contractions from multiple locations throughout the unit.
- Our Lactation Center has certified Lactation Consultants available to help new moms feel more positive and self-confident about breastfeeding.
- A high-tech security system that includes a built-in transmitter on the baby's wrist band, enabling staff to know the infant's whereabouts at all times.
- A birthing tub is available for moms who wish to soothe labor or deliver in a water environment.
- Speech and language development begin at birth, and so can treatment of hearing deficiencies. All babies born at BroMenn have their hearing tested while they are still in the hospital.
- Our new front entrance and reserved "New Parent" parking will get you into the unit quickly and efficiently, day or night.
At Advocate BroMenn Medical Center, you and your baby’s well-being is our priority. With an obstetrician on-site 24 hours a day, seven days a week, a special care nursery and partnerships with the American Heart Association and March of Dimes to help ensure a healthy pregnancy and birth, we are committed to the safety of your special delivery.
Nearly 1,200 years of staff nursing experience. Patient satisfaction scores at the 99th percentile. And a dedicated, 24/7 MOMS phone line for all your late-night questions. You can count on Advocate BroMenn Medical Center for your special delivery.
Those Adorable Baby Pictures...
Advocate BroMenn Medical Center is pleased to partner with Bella Baby Photography for newborn photos. One of Bella Baby's professional photographers will visit each new mom's room and (if desired) stage an artistic sitting for the new arrival and family. A slide show of the photos will be available on the Bella Baby web site for two weeks for viewing and purchase. A password from the baby's mother is required to view photos of her baby.
Great Expectations: Classes to Get You Ready
Advocate BroMenn Medical Center offers a full range of classes to help parents prepare for their new arrival, both during the pregnacy period and after baby comes home. Classes on childbirth education, breastfeeding, confident parenting, car seat safety, infant massage and more, taught by trained experts, will help you feel more at ease as you start this new adventure. We even have classes for big brothers & sisters and grandparents! Visit our Classes page or call us at 1.800.3ADVOCATE (1.800.323.8622) to find out more or to register.
Come Check Us Out!
Tours of our new unit are offered every Sunday at 1 pm and 5 pm. No appointment necessary -- simply come to the main nurses' station on the unit. For more information, call 309.452.MOMS.