Advocate BroMenn Medical Center's occupational therapy services offers treatment to individuals with injury-related disabilities and focuses on teaching skills needed for daily living, including self-care, recreation, and work so patients can have an independent and satisfying life. Therapy is set to meet individual needs and may include home programs for quick recovery.
Areas of focus include:
- Range of motion
- Strengthening coordination
- Perceptual training
- Adaptive equipment, which allows individuals to function after a stroke
- Activities of daily living.
Outpatient Hand Therapy
BroMenn's Outpatient Hand Therapy Clinic offers treatment for acute and cumulative trauma hand/elbow injuries in order to allow the patient to return to work and daily activities. A licensed occupational therapist and a certified occupational therapy assistant specializing in hand/upper extremity injuries provide treatment that includes:
- individualized exercise program of flexibility and strengthening.
- a variety of modalities are used to reduce pain and inflammation and increase tolerance for therapeutic intervention.
- provides custom splinting to protect joint during healing phase.
- provides employers with recommendations on work area designs and adaptive equipment to make the work environment safer.
- strong emphasis on patient/family education through home exercise programs and activity modification to minimize re-injury and maximize function.
For more information about BroMenn's occupational therapy and outpatient hand therapy, please call 309.556.7900.