Advocate BroMenn Medical Center is a 221-bed hospital centrally located in Bloomington-Normal, Illinois. It's part of Advocate Health Care, one of the nation's top ten health systems based on clinical performance and the largest health system in Illinois. Advocate BroMenn's Graduate Medical Education program is also affiliated with OSF St. Joseph Medical Center in Bloomington and OSF St. Francis Medical Center in Peoria. Almost every specialty is covered within these hospitals, and the community-based doctors enjoy taking on residents. Thus, it is not difficult to get good rotations with supportive staff in whatever area you are interested as a Family Medicine resident.
Advocate BroMenn is highly involved in the local community. The hospital has the support of over 80 area churches. Advocate BroMenn participates in local health promotion events like the American Heart Association Heart Walk, and provides free or low-cost educational classes and health screenings for the local community. It is a good environment for promoting the connections to the community that the Family Medicine profession endorses.
The hospital just finished construction of a new patient care wing in July of 2012. This new wing includes a brand new Obstetrics unit, complete with 18 LDRP beds, 33 total beds, and a birthing pool for mothers that prefer to labor and/or deliver in water. There is also a completely state-of-the-art Intensive Care Unit and Progressive Care Unit on the new wing's second floor.
In addition to being known for excellence in cardiovascular services, neurosciences, orthopedics, and women's health, the hospital also provides:
- The region's only inpatient mental health unit
- Inpatient addiction recovery treatment in partnership with Peoria's Proctor Hospital
- Hyperbaric oxygen therapy for wound care
- Cyberknife® neurosurgery at the nearby Community Cancer Center, a joint venture of BroMenn and OSF St. Joseph
- All the benefits of a full-service hospital including, but not limited to, modern laboratory and pathology, advanced MRI and CT capabilities, a medical library available 24 hours per day, and both physical rehabilitation and cardiopulmonary rehabilitation centers.
Advocate BroMenn Medical Center is the perfect mix of advanced, updated facilities with the warmth and friendliness of a community hospital.