Speech language pathology is the evaluation and treatment of speech, language, swallowing, voice, memory, or cognitive disorders which can affect people of all ages. The speech pathologists at Advocate BroMenn Medical Center
work to improve the patient's ability to communicate, swallow safely, and perform cognitively.
Common conditions treated with speech therapy include:
BroMenn also offers specialized treatments for:
- Program offers a licensed speech language pathologists who evaluate and treat voice disorders for persons of all ages.
- Treatment includes extensive evaluation of disorders, Direct Voice Treatment, which uses sophisticated and modern computer technology, and education through home exercise to maximize overall voice quality and enhance self-esteem.
- Total laryngectomy procedures can profoundly alter voice, respiration, and, to varying degrees, swallowing.
- Rapid and effective voice restoration is the prevention of psychological and economic consequences of post laryngectomy aphonia.
- Program offers licensed speech language pathologists trained and certified to provide presurgical consultation and recommendations to laryngectomy patients.
- Treatment includes electrolarynx training, tracheoseophageal voice prosthesis training, and esophageal speech training.
For more information about BroMenn's speech therapy services, please call 309.556.7900.