Welcome to Advocate Health Care! Advocate is a strong supporter of the future of nursing, and we believe the future begins with education. Embark on the pathway to excellence in nursing with a clinical affiliation at any one of the Advocate Health Care hospitals, Home Care, Hospice and Medical Groups located in the greater Chicago and down state Illinois locations.
Clinical affiliation opportunities are offered at both the undergraduate and graduate level. Undergraduate programs may offer clinical rotation opportunities in the following areas:
|| Behavioral Health
|| Critical Care
Many of the Advocate sites offer additional observational experiences in specialty areas of nursing:
| Emergency Medicine
|| Interventional Radiology
|| Cardiac Cath Lab
|| Specialty Clinics
| Home Health/Hospice
|| Parish Nursing
|| Neonatal ICU
- All clinical affiliations (undergraduate and graduate) begin with completion of an Advocate Standard Clinical Affiliation Agreement (ASCAA). Please click on the link to the specific site to view information about the site's programs or contact the individual site liaison to inquire about initiating a Clinical Affiliations Agreement.
- Advocate Standard Clinical Affiliation Agreement (ASCAA) may be sent to the school representative
- The ASCAA is to be reviewed and signed by the legal department of the school requesting the clinical affiliation.
- A Certificate of Insurance held by the school requesting the ASCAA must be sent with the signed copy of the agreement back to the site clinical affiliation representative listed above.
- Individual sites have specific processes for scheduling clinical experiences. Please contact the site clinical affiliation representative listed above for details.
- Completion and acceptance of an ASCAA does not guarantee an opportunity for clinical placement.
- Programs applying throughout the system should have current Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) or National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC) accreditation.