The Neurosciences Institute at Advocate Christ Medical Center integrates a full array of treatments and expertise to address the many dimensions of neurologic care for adults and children.
We are experts at applying innovative solutions that give our patients better options for complex problems. Our accredited primary stroke center treats more patients than anywhere else in the Chicago area. That means our stroke team has the most experience to respond quickly to save brain cells and preserve quality of life.
The multiple sclerosis program at Christ Medical Center is one of eight in Illinois designated as a National Multiple Sclerosis Society treatment center. Our stature as the #1 hospital in Illinois for head and spine traumas gives us a depth of experience that you won't find elsewhere.
With a multidisciplinary approach that addresses the full scope of each patient's needs, the Neurosciences Institute at Advocate Christ Medical Center draws together renowned physicians, nurses, therapists and other providers to address the many dimensions of complex neurologic disease and injury-so people can live their lives to the fullest.
Facts About Advocate Christ Medical Center Neurosciences Institutes
- Highly respected team of neurosurgeons, neurologists, neurointerventionalists and neuroradiologists
- Offer advanced CyberKnife® Radiosurgery
- Accredited by The Joint Commission as a Primary Stroke Center
- Rated by U.S. News & World Report as a high performing hospital in the Chicago metropolitan region in 11 specialties including neurology and neurosurgery
- Recipient of disease-specific care certification in the treatment of stroke patients
- Uses state-of-the-art Wingspan device, Penumbra Stroke System and Pipeline® Embolization Device
- Leader in neuroendovascular, neurointerventional, neurosurgical and stroke expertise
- Nationally recognized Multiple Sclerosis program
- Dedicated Outreach Coordinator
- Sleep disorders centers fully accredited by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine
- Leading inpatient physical and occupational rehabilitation program
- Recognized Center for Physical Rehabilitation, accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF)