What are the risk factors?
If any medical treatments are ordered by my doctor, will my insurance cover them?
Who provides the medical care?
1. What are the risk factors?
Risk factors that cannot be controlled include:
- Age: Adults 55 and older are at increased risk of stroke.
- Family history
- Gender: Stroke is more common in men than in women.
- Prior transient ischemic attack or heart attack
Risk factors that can be controlled include:
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- Heart disease
- Poor diet
- Physical inactivity and obesity
2. If any medical treatments are ordered by my doctor, will my insurance cover them?
Depending on the type of coverage, most commercial insurance carriers will pay the major share of the cost. You should always consult your insurance company to determine proper coverage.
3. Who provides the medical care?
The team at Advocate Christ Medical Center is staffed by a specially trained team of neurologists, neurosurgeons, neurointerventionalists and nurses. You will remain under the care of your primary care physician while you are treated by the specialists at Christ Medical Center. To ensure that your physician is kept up-to-date, our team will provide ongoing reports on the progress you have made.