Advocate Christ Medical Center offers a number of support groups for patients and families dealing with the impacts of cancer.
- Breast Cancer Support Group - meets monthly for women experiencing breast cancer and is facilitated by the Breast Health Navigators and a licensed mental health professional from Gilda’s Club Chicago.
- Reach to Recovery - is a program sponsored by the American Cancer Society, which provides initial support and education for women with a recent diagnosis of breast cancer.
- Look Good...Feel Better - is a bi-monthly program sponsored by the American Cancer Society. Volunteer beauty professionals will lead small groups of women who have been diagnosed with cancer through practical, hands-on experience with makeup techniques, skin care, nail care and options related to hair loss such as wigs, turbans and scarves.
- Surviving and Thriving – is a monthly educational series for Cancer Survivors. Each month a different topic regarding living after a diagnosis of cancer is presented. Each session begins with a 30 minute light exercise program facilitated by a Physical Therapist. Each session is provided by members of our Cancer Institute team.
- Gilda’s Club Chicago – offers free programs for men, women, teens, children, and their family and friends whose lives have been touched by cancer no matter where they were diagnosed or treated. Their mission is to ensure that all people impacted by cancer are empowered by knowledge, strengthened by action and sustained by community. Gilda’s Club Chicago is open 6 days a week.
- American Cancer Society Resource Center – staffed by a full time American Cancer Society navigator to help patients and their families navigate through the many facets of their cancer journey. The American Cancer Society Resource Center is open Monday – Friday.
- Survivorship Visit – each patient diagnosed and treated with cancer at ACMC will be provided the opportunity to schedule a Survivorship Visit. At this visit, the patient will meet with the Survivorship Coordinator to obtain a personalized treatment summary and care plan. Many resources will be given to the patient to empower the patient to survive to the fullest.