Cardiovascular Services at Advocate Christ Medical Center
Your partner in taking on heart disease. Our hearts beat as one.
The Heart and Vascular Institute at Advocate Christ Medical Center is Illinois's premier cardiac care center, providing state-of-the-art treatment to adults and children. From prevention to cutting-edge diagnostics to intervention and rehabilitation, we excel in all facets of heart health.
We perform over 1,300 open heart surgeries and 5,000 cardiac interventions each year. Studies show that impressive numbers like these produce the best possible outcomes. Our clinical outcomes consistently top national benchmarks and our mission to provide quality care to every patient who comes through the door is evidenced everywhere.
Let our experienced staff respond to your cardiac needs with comprehensive, compassionate care 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Why Choose Advocate Christ Medical Center
- We perform more open heart surgeries annually than any hospital in Illinois.
- Our cardiologists and cardiac surgeons are highly skilled, nationally renowned and at the leading edge of innovative treatment and research.
- Our Center for Heart Transplant and Assist Devices has one of the nation’s leading ventricular assist device (VAD) programs, offering bridge to transplant therapy and destination therapy for patients who are not transplant candidates.
- Our Congestive Heart Failure Clinic treats more than 1,000 patients per year at all stages of heart failure and has earned Disease Specific Certification from The Joint Commission (TJC).
- Our comprehensive cardiac rehabilitation program is nationally certified by the American Association of Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehabilitation
When you choose Christ Medical Center for cardiac care, you will be treated by a nationally recognized team of professionals with access to nearly every diagnostic and therapeutic tool available in the fight against heart disease. That's why so many other physicians and hospitals refer their patients to Christ Medical Center for cardiac care.
Learn about more reasons to choose Advocate Christ Medical Center.
Heart Conditions We Treat
From valvular heart disease to arrhythmiasto congestive heart failure, Christ Medical Center offers the experience, technologies and treatments to deal with the full range of cardiovascular diseases including:
At the leading edge of innovative treatment and research, Christ Medical Center often treats patients who were given little hope elsewhere.
Services & Treatment
At Christ Medical Center we combine advanced diagnostics and therapeutic treatment with state-of-the-art medical technology and experienced cardiac specialists. Annually, we perform over 3,500 diagnostic and therapeutic procedures on infants, children and adults—invaluable experience that leads to consistently better outcomes for our patients.
Learn more about our complete spectrum of heart and vascular services and treatments.
Meet Our Care Team
The cardiac team at Advocate Christ's Heart and Vascular Institute is nationally recognized and eminently qualified to care for your heart. And we’re not just talking about physicians. Our nurses, interventionalists, clinicians and other staff are also leaders in their fields.
Meet our team of highly skilled cardiologists.