Services offered at this location
From advanced treatment to compassionate, caring support programs, our full range of Cancer Institute services at the Advocate Christ Outpatient Pavilion includes:
- An infusion center with semi-private patient rooms
- Genetic risk assessment and counseling for families
- A survivorship program, which offers a supportive environment that nurtures patients from diagnosis to treatment and well beyond
- Multidisciplinary programs that provide the best options in the fight against cancer
The Cancer Institute, located on the eighth floor of the Advocate Christ Outpatient Pavilion, is a nationally recognized program equipped with the latest diagnostic and state-of-the-art treatment options. Each year, nearly 2,000 newly diagnosed cancer patients entrust their care to us, making the Cancer Institute one of the most experienced cancer treatment centers in Illinois
View Cancer fact sheet.
Heart and Vascular Institute
With a focus on comprehensive care from prevention to cure, the Advocate Christ Outpatient Pavilion’s Heart and Vascular Institute will include:
- A heart failure clinic to treat congestive heart failure patients
- A cardiac and pulmonary rehabilitation clinic
- An Anticoagulation Clinic
- Center for Heart Transplant & Assist Devices
Our premier cardiac care center, located on the sixth floor of the Pavilion, provides state-of-the-art treatment to adults and children with clinical outcomes that consistently top national benchmarks. Recently, the institute was nationally recognized as one of the top three hospitals in the country for implantation of mechanical assist devices.
View Heart and Vascular fact sheet.
In providing high-quality care, the Neurosciences Institute in the Advocate Christ Outpatient Pavilion takes advantage of the latest technological advancements and techniques including:
- Rehabilitation therapy
- Neuroendovascular services, the only program of its kind in the Chicago Southland area
The Neurosciences Institute located on the seventh floor of the pavilion is able to provide care for very complex cases and advanced diagnoses, treating the highest volume of stroke patients in Illinois.
View Neurosciences fact sheet.
Advanced Imaging, located on the fifth floor of the Advocate Christ Outpatient Pavilion, offers the latest in high-tech equipment including:
- Positron Emission Tomography/Computed Tomography (PET/CT):
Allows images from both the PET and the CT scans to be taken sequentially during the same session and combined into a single image for more precise spatial and anatomic imaging
- Single-photon emission computed tomography (SPECT/CT):
Provides images using gamma rays to allow 3D cross-sectional slices of the area so that it is viewable from multiple angles
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) caring suite:
Offers high-quality imaging in a wide opening to reduce patient claustrophobia. Thecaring suite is equipped with soothing lights and is able to play relaxing songs from a patient’s iPod/ mp3 player.
View Imaging fact sheet.
Outpatient surgical services, located on the third floor of the Advocate Christ Outpatient Pavilion, combine medical expertise, cutting-edge technology and ease of access to enhance the patient experience. Some of the convenience features include:
- Tracking boards: Family and friends have access to receive real-time information on patient updates from a secure tracking board.
- Spacious recovery rooms
- An on-site retail pharmacy
View Surgery fact sheet.
The endoscopy lab, located on the second floor, in the Advocate Christ Outpatient Pavilion will offer routine and advanced procedures for adult and pediatric patients. Some of the features in the new building include:
- Motility studies
- Upper and lower endoscopic ultrasound
- Feeding tube placement
- Pediatric treatment for Crohn’s disease, celiac disease and eosinophilic esophagitis.
Located on the second floor of the Pavilion, the endoscopy lab features 21 preparation and recovery bays along with a separate waiting area for pediatric patients. Parking is made convenient with an indoor pedestrian bridge connecting the parking garage directly to the endoscopy lab floor.
View Endoscopy fact sheet.
The outpatient diagnostic center, located on the first floor of the pavilion has licensed, credentialed and specialty trained technicians who perform an array of pulmonary diagnostic tests, including X-rays, ultrasounds, and lab. With ease of access including extended hours, expanded patient-friendly areas and advanced technology for testing younger patients, the Outpatient Pavilion has all the resources needed to offer a pleasant patient experience.
View Diagnostic center fact sheet: Pathology and Pulmonary.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- When will the Outpatient Pavilion open?
The Outpatient Pavilion will open in March 2014.
- I am interested in taking a tour of the Outpatient Pavilion, how do I find more information about tour dates and open house information?
Information regarding Open House tour can be found by clicking here.
- What will the hours of operation for the Outpatient Pavilion?
The hours of operation for the Outpatient Pavilion are:
Monday, Wednesday and Friday: 5:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Tuesday and Thursday: 5:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.
Saturday: 6:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Please check with individual departments for specific hours of service.
- What are the Green features inside the Outpatient Pavilion?
The Advocate Christ Outpatient Pavilion is completely green and environmentally friendly. The building’s open-patient and family friendly spaces provide the look and feel of a high performance building, but many important green design features will not be noticeable to the public. Advocate is reducing the environmental impact of the facility by installing energy efficient lighting and ventilation systems, water-saving low-flow faucets, and high performance windows and insulation.
- How do I get to the Advocate Christ Outpatient Pavilion?
From the south: Take either Harlem Avenue, Cicero Avenue or Pulaski Road to 95th Street. From Harlem or Cicero proceed east on 95th to Kilbourn Avenue and make a left. From Pulaski, travel west to Kilbourn Avenue and make a right.
From the west: Take the Tri-State Tollway I-294 north or south and exit onto 95th Street. Follow 95th Street to Kilbourn Avenue and make a left.
From downtown Chicago: Take the Dan Ryan Expressway I-94 south to the 95th Street exit and go west. Or, take the Stevenson Expressway I-55 to Cicero Avenue. Go south on Cicero to 95th Street, then east on 95th to Kilbourn and make a left.
From the north: Take the Kennedy Expressway I-90 downtown to the Dan Ryan Expressway I-94.
Following the Dan Ryan south to the 95th Street exit and go west on 95th Street. Follow 95th Street west to Kilbourn and make a right.
From the northwest suburbs or O’Hare Airport: Take the Tri-State Tollway I-294 south and exit east on 95th Street. Follow 95th Street to Kilbourn Avenue and make a left.