The Cancer Institute at Advocate Condell Medical Center
The Cancer Institute continues Advocate Condell’s commitment to provide the most up-to-date diagnostic and treatment options for patients diagnosed with cancer. We are committed to providing cancer patients with the most advanced radiation, infusion, and supporting treatments available, delivered with a “whole person” approach to patient care.
Skilled and dedicated physicians, nurses, therapists, and technicians are the reason why Advocate Condell Cancer Institute patients experience outstanding care, exceeding national averages and benchmarks.
Advocate Condell is known for superior diagnostic and surgical interventions for many types of cancer. Dedicated surgeons perform complex oncology surgeries for cancers of the breast, endometrium and cervix, prostate, lung, head and neck, brain and spinal cord, as well as general surgery. Many of these surgeries can be performed with minimal disruption of normal tissue by utilizing the DaVinci Si Surgical System.
Why Choose Advocate Condell Medical Center
- Oncology nurse navigator provides a resource to patients who many need multiple testing or therapies.
- We are a comprehensive cancer center accredited by the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer
- Awarded Breast Imaging Center of Excellence
- Exceeded all national benchmarks for report turn-around time and recall rates in Women's Center.
- Top decile for Patient Satisfaction in Radiation Oncology, Outpatient Infusion Center and Women’s Center.
- Our Elekta Precise Linear Accelerator (commonly called a Linac) is one of the highest energy hospital-based radiation therapy equipment devices in Lake County, Illinois.
- One of only a few cancer centers in Illinois licensed to provide systemic radiation therapy treatments in the form of Radioactive I-131 on an outpatient basis, which can be given to treat certain types of thyroid cancer.
- The Radiation Oncology Center at Condell Medical Center follows both state and federal regulations, as well as guidelines provided by The American Society for Therapeutic Radiology and Oncology, The American College of Radiology and The American College of Surgeons.
- Our Women's Center is licensed by the Illinois Department of Nuclear Safety and offers the best diagnostic technologies, including mammography, ultrasound and stereotactic biopsies.
Learn more about our services and treatments.
Cancers We Treat
At Condell Medical Center our oncologists, hematologists and surgeons specialize in treating a range of cancers including:
Services and Treatments
Throughout diagnosis, treatment, and surgery, Condell Medical Center provides a nurse navigator to gently guide your coordinated oncology care. From advanced treatment to compassionate, caring support programs, our full range of services include:
- Advanced diagnostic capabilities
- Surgical options, including robot-assisted procedures
- Radiofrequency ablation (RFA) treatment for liver cancer
- Radiation therapy
- 3-D conformal and intensity modulated radiation therapy (IMRT)
- Image guided radiation therapy (IGRT) for greater treatment position accuracy.
- MosaiQ electronic treatment record provides full record for collaboration.
- Radioactive Iodine-131 for treatment of thyroid cancer
- Advanced breast diagnostics, including mammography, ultrasound and stereotactic biopsy
- Outpatient infusion therapy
Click here to learn about clinical trials available at Advocate Health.
Learn more about our services and treatments.
The Advocate Condell Cancer Resource Center is Now Open!
This brand new, 5,000-square foot facility offers a wide array of services to educate and support patients, including: wigs and prosthetics fittings, daily exercise programs, nutritional education, lymphedema treatment, psychosocial and spiritual counseling, support groups, genetic counseling, a variety of cancer management and prevention resources and space for relaxing and respite. Advocate Condell Medical Center is also pleased to partner with the American Cancer Society and Cancer Wellness Center. This new center represents Advocate Condell’s commitment to providing the patients we serve comprehensive resources to help prevent cancer, survive and thrive following a diagnosis.
Condell Medical Center offers a variety of programs and services to support you and your family during treatment and beyond.
Advocate Condell Medical Center offers on-site cancer risk assessment and genetic counseling by certified genetic counselors who are licensed healthcare providers in the state of Illinois. In accordance with the Commission on Cancer’s Cancer Program Standards for 2012, our program aims to educate patients about their cancer or chance of developing cancer and empower them to make educated, informed decisions about genetic testing, cancer screening, and cancer prevention, including surgical decisions. Click here to download the referral form.
Learn more about our support services.
Meet Our Care Team
The Advocate Condell Cancer Institute physician leadership team
From Left to Right: Surgeon Dr. Paul Strohmayer, Oncologist Dr. Michael Cochran, Radiologist Dr. Louis Manquen, Radiation Oncologist Dr. Joy Coleman and Surgeon Dr. Scott Miller.
The team of certified cancer specialists at Advocate Condell Medical Center work together to create the most targeted treatment plan for you. You will meet with highly skilled radiation therapists who will capture precision imagery. The information about your cancer will be transferred to an advanced treatment planning system, to be used by medical physicists, dosimetrists and radiation oncologists. You have an entire team working to prescribe the best method of treatment. Your Oncology Nurse Navigator is available to provide assistance and resources to coordinate your individual care.
Read more about our team
Find an Advocate Condell Medical Center Cancer Specialist