Condell Medical Center Cardiac Rehabilitation Program
Condell Medical Center Cardiac Rehabilitation Program is designed to help improve a person's overall health by identifying and reducing the risk factors that contribute to cardiovascular disease. Our team of nurses, exercise physiologists and medical personnel oversee the patient's exercise and education sessions to help meet the patient's goals.
Specific benefits may include:
- Improvement of cardiovascular fitness level
- Improvement of blood pressure, heart rate and glucose tolerance
- Helps effectively manage stress
- Enhance quality of life
- Education and counseling to make positive lifestyle changes related to their condition
- Foster relationships and support with other cardiac patients
Our program is located in Libertyville at Advocate Condell Medical Center's West Tower. Each participant will attend a one hour exercise session three times per week plus a weekly education lecture. The program generally lasts 12 weeks. We will track your progress throughout the program and report this information to your referring physician.
Who qualifies for Cardiac Rehab?
- Coronary Artery Bypass Graft surgery
- Valve Repair or Replacement Surgery
- Heart Transplant
- Interventional Coronary Procedure
- Heart Attack
For specific information, contact the Cardiac Rehab program at 847.990.5785.
Two Phases of Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Begins in the hospital after a heart attack, open heart surgery or angioplasty
- Guides and encourages patients to walk as soon as possible after surgery
- Teaches patients and families about exercise and controlling cardiac risk factors
- Begins following surgery or angioplasty after discharge from the hospital
- Involves exercise for an hour, three times a week
- Monitors patients with special equipment by healthcare professionals
- Educational classes on cardiovascular disease, diet and stress management
Back to the top