We know a great team can make all the difference in your stay. We strive to go above and beyond your needs while you are staying with us and even once you return home! Our excellent team consists of:
- Prenatal Education and New Parent Support Groups are led by Certified Childbirth Educators to help you prepare for your family's new addition.
- All RNs in the New Life Center are certified in the AAP/AHA Neonatal Resuscitation Program and are present at your delivery to provide your baby expert care.
- All Obstetric RNs are certified in Electronic Fetal Monitoring in order to carefully monitor both you and your baby during labor and delivery.
- Many of our RNs have chosen to become Nationally Certified in their specialty area of obstetric or neonatal nursing.
- Our highly experienced nursing staff is supported by our Obstetric and Neonatal Clinical Nurse Specialists who are licensed Advanced Practice Nurses in the State of Illinois.
- Our Nurse to Patient Ratios follow the standards set by AWHONN (Association of Women's Health, Obstetric and Neonatal Nurses) so that we are always there for you and your baby.
- We also provide comprehensive lactation services, during and after your hospital stay through our International board Certified Lactation Consultants.
- Our nursing management team conducts daily patient rounds to make sure we are meeting all of your expectations.
- After you are discharged, a nurse from the New Life Center will provide a Follow-up Call to make sure all is going well with you and your baby at home.
- Board-certified Obstetricians are present 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to care for you.
- Perinatologists from the Northwestern Perinatal Network (specialists in high-risk pregnancies) are on site to consult with your physician if needed.
- Neonatologists (specialists in sick or premature babies) are all board-certified and available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to care for your baby. Our Neonatology Physicians are exclusive to Advocate Condell to care for your baby throughout your stay with us. Our Neonatologists also have access to Pediatric Subspecialists through the Northwestern Perinatal Network and Advocate Children's Hospital - Park Ridge.
- Pediatric Hospitalists (specialists in pediatrics from Children's Hospital of Wisconsin) are all board certified and available 24 hours a day
- Our team also includes specialized Patient Care Technicians who assist our nursing staff in providing you excellent care throughout your stay.
- A dedicated bilingual Birth Certificate Registrar will assist you in completing the necessary paperwork for your child's birth certificate and social security number.
- Pediatrix® Medical Group conducts hearing screens on all newborns prior to discharge as recommended by the AAP.