The Office for Mission and Spiritual Care supports Advocate's faith-based Mission, Values and Philosophy. To encourage the effective expression of whole-person care:
- We assist patients and their families to identify and utilize spiritual and religious coping skills before, during and after a medical event
- We provide direction, counsel and support to others within the system by calling attention to the spiritual and ethical dimensions of our everyday actions and decisions
- We partner with communities and congregations in our service areas
- We conduct educational programs incorporating the latest technology and research into the relationship between spirituality and health
- A chaplain is available 24 hours a day at 847.990.5199.