Located in the new West Tower, the Nemmers Family Chapel is open 24/7.
The Diantha Ann Hoffman Memorial Chapel, located near Condell's main lobby, is open around the clock for prayer and meditation.
Spiritual care provides a comforting role in the patient's healing process. Our commitment to spiritual care is exemplified through our hospital chaplains who are available 24/7. Condell's hospital chaplains respect each patient's and family's unique cultural, spiritual, and psychosocial needs.
- Available 24/7/365 at 847.990.5199 (extension 5199)
- Provide spiritual care for patients, families, associates, and physicians
- Respond to all Cardiac Alerts, Code Blue, Code Yellow, Code Neuro, and Rapid Responses to provide spiritual care, support, and/or prayer
- Assist trauma team with contacting family, friends, and/or clergy
- Offer grief support at the imminent or actual death of a patient
- Provide spiritual care, consultation, crisis intervention, and debriefing as appropriate
- Available to assist interdisciplinary team during family meetings to aid in assessing the roll of patient's faith perspective during hospitalization/recovery/end-of-life issues
- Assist with explaining and preparing Advance Directives (Living Wills and Power of Attorney for Health Care)
- Coordinate or administer (as appropriate) sacraments as requested (anointing, communion, baptism, etc.)
- Offer prayer requests
- Provide hospitality with patients or families who need extra care
- Available to discuss chaplain services at associate, physician meetings, or during individual one-on-one sessions
- The Rev. Fred Rajan (Vice President)
- Rev. Patrick K. Ames (Manager)
- Rev. Fran Bates
- Rev. Rose S. Bryan (Supervisor, Clinical Pastoral Education)
- Rev. Scott Johnson
- Rev. Joseph Yao Kotay (Supervisor, Clinical Pastoral Education)