Advocate Condell Medical Center’s Department of Radiology performs more than 130,000 imaging studies annually. Comprehensive imaging services include digital radiography, fluoroscopy, interventional radiology, MRI, CT, ultrasound, vascular imaging, nuclear medicine and on-site PET/CT. Our Radiology Department uses the latest state-of-the-art technology to provide our patients and physicians with timely, accurate testing results. The Radiology Department is known for implementing several patient-centered processes as demonstrated by top decile performance in national benchmarks.
Operated under the direction of a board-certified radiologist, including a team of board-certified radiologists, director, supervisors and a staff of highly trained technologists and assistants, our Radiology Department is staffed 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. The CT Scan, Nuclear Medicine, MRI and Ultrasound sections have variable hours with emergency service available at all times. Our Nuclear Medicine (including Nuclear Cardiology), PET, MRI and ultrasound imaging services are fully-accredited through the American College of Radiology. Additionally, all technologists are credentialed and licensed, with all associates in the advanced modalities holding certifications.
Service features include:
- Central scheduling for patients, including a physician priority line for urgent scheduling needs
- Superior report turnaround times of less than 3 hours, auto-faxing of results, remote web access to reports and images via the PACS system and on-site radiologists for consultations and stat results
- 100% of CTs have low-dose radiation software installed
- High risk obstetric ultrasounds, provided by AMG Maternal-Fetal Medicine
- Coronary Arterial Angiography/Calcium Scoring
- Ability to perform MRIs on patients with compatible pacemakers
- Capacity to complete scoliosis series with computerized stitching technology
Education is an important part of your health care, if you would like more information about the services our sections provide or the technology we use, please contact Mark Steffen, director, at 847.990-5273.
Condell's Radiology Department offers a variety of services. Click on the terms below to learn more!
For answers to frequently asked questions, click here: FAQ's.