The Advocate Health Care story is all about people. People with heart. People with brainpower. People with compassion. People committed to providing top quality and compassionate care to every patient, family and community we serve.
Here are a few facts about our health care ministry:
- Recognized as one of the nation's top 10 health systems, Advocate Health Care is the largest integrated health care system in the state. This faith based, not-for-profit health system is based in Downers Grove, Illinois.
- Advocate has the largest emergency and Level I Trauma network in Illinois.
- Advocate treats more pediatric patients than any other hospital or system in the state, and more people trust their hearts to Advocate than to any other hospital or system in the state. Additionally, Advocate diagnoses and treats more cancer than any other hospital or system in Illinois. These numbers are important because health research shows there is a positive relationship between the number of procedures performed and quality outcomes.
- Advocate offers more than 250 sites of care, including 10 acute-care hospitals and one children's hospital with two campuses.
- Recognized as one of the top 10 places to work in Illinois, we are one of Chicagoland's largest employers with more than 30,000 associates, including 6,000 affiliated physicians and 9,000 nurses.
- Four Advocate hospitals have earned Magnet Recognition from the American Nurse Credentialing Center (ANCC) including, Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center, Advocate Lutheran General Hospital, Advocate Good Samaritan Hospital and Advocate Christ Medical Center. Magnet status represents hospital-wide teamwork and dedication to creating a positive environment, which helps attract the best physicians and nurses, resulting in better overall care for our patients.
- In 2009, two Advocate Health Care hospitals, Advocate Lutheran General Hospital and Advocate Illinois Masonic, were named among the nation's Top 100 Hospitals® by Thomson Reuters.
- Advocate Health Care has the state's largest physician network of primary care physicians, specialists and sub-specialists.
- Advocate has academic and teaching affiliations with all major universities in the Chicago Metropolitan area. Together, our three major teaching hospitals, Christ Medical Center, Illinois. Masonic medical Center and Lutheran General Hospital train more primary care physicians and residents that any other health care system in the state.
- In 1995, the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America and the United Church of Christ combined to form Advocate. Learn more about our history.
- Advocate has one of the largest home health companies in the state.
Advocate Health Care - people are our inspiration, changing lives is our passion.