NMRP Code: 113743
Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center's Diagnostic Radiology Residency Program is committed to providing comprehensive, in-depth and hands-on experience in all aspects of modern radiologic technique and practice.
Our subspecialty teaching faculty will guide the resident in the art of interpersonal relations with colleagues and referring physicians, provide an understanding of the constraints of the healthcare system and thereby, encourage reasoned consultations explaining the most efficient diagnostic and therapeutic pathways. Our mission is to instill a desire to teach both at the resident and medical student level, as well as to consider the potential value of research projects based on our large caseload.
Residents successfully completing our program are ideal candidates to practice in both clinical and academic settings.
- A complete four year Radiology Residency training program. The clinical year must be completed the year prior to starting our program.
- Level I trauma center provides a large number acutely injured patients.
- Fully-accredited program by American College of Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) devoted solely to the education of the residents with no fellows.
- 150,000 exams are performed annually on state-of-the-art equipment (two MRI, three spiral/multislice CT, four nuclear spect units).
- A three-month rotation in pediatric radiology at University of Chicago Hospitals.
- Ethnically and socio-economincally diverse patient population.
- Rigorous academic atmosphere with opportunities for teaching and clinical research.
- Program sponsored four-week course at the AFIP.
- First hand experience in a very busy interventional radiology practice with no fellows.
- On-campus housing.