1. Does your program sponsor/accept any visas (J1, H1B)?
No. Our program does not sponsor or accept candidates who have or need a visa of any type (no J1, H1B or any other visas). Candidates must be residents or citizens of the United States, or they must be in the process of obtaining permanent residency and have an Employment Authorization.
2. How many letters of recommendation do I need?
We require 3 letters of recommendation, in addition to the Dean's Letter, one of which should preferably be from a psychiatrist. If you are transferring from another program one of these letters must be from your current/previous Program Director.
3. What are your program's requirements for USMLE / COMLEX scores?
We require a passing score on both steps of the USMLE / COMLEX, but not more than 1 failed attempt on both steps combined.
4. What if I'm a DO student, do I need to also take the USMLE, or is the COMLEX sufficient?
For DO students, our program considers the COMLEX sufficient, so you do not need to take both COMLEX and USMLE.
5. Do I need to have passed USMLE or COMLEX step 2 CS and CK before applying to your program or before being granted an interview?
Our program does not require step 2 CS and CK before applying or before being granted an interview, but we strongly encourage applicants to have passed those 2 parts of the step 2 examination before match lists are due.
6. If I graduated from medical school more than 5 years ago, but I have work experience, does that make me eligible to apply?
Due to the increasing number of applications we receive every year, candidates who have graduated from medical school more than 5 years ago will not be considered for interviews.
7. Does your program require work, research or volunteer experience in psychiatry or any related medical field?
No. Our program does not require any previous experience in psychiatry or another medical field, but if candidates have that experience, it can be a plus.
8. Does your program offer any externships, observerships or clinical rotations for IMGs?
No, we do not offer any clinical experiences for IMGs.
9. How will I be notified about whether I am selected for an interview or not?
We notify all candidates about their application status via e-mail.