In order to continue providing the best quality care, and pleasant treatment experience, here are a few helpful tips/ instructions that will assist both you and the Cancer Center Team.
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before your designated appointment.
- Please have a seat in the in the patient waiting area and change into a gown, if needed.
- If the women/men changing room is occupied, please use the unisex changing room.
- If you are late for your appointment, we will try to accommodate you as soon as possible. Due to other patient appointments, you may have to wait until there is an open slot and/or all other patients have been treated.
- In order to maintain patient confidentiality, the patient waiting area is for patients only. Please respect patient privacy by having family members wait in our main waiting area.
- Please be aware that we have two treatment rooms with two different schedules. Patients are scheduled every 15 minutes in one room and every 30 minutes in the second room. On most days we are on time, but please be patient with us on the days that we may run late.
- Sometimes due to technical difficulties with the radiation machines and/or doctor's decisions, we may not be able to deliver treatment. Please be patient with us when these situations arise.
- Please provide us with all phone numbers where you can be reached. This is very helpful on days that technical difficulties arise. Giving us this information may prevent you from making an unnecessary trip to the Cancer Center, if our schedule is delayed.
- When technical difficulties arise, we will call you to let you know if we cannot give treatment. Please be aware that these are unforeseen circumstances and we may not be able to reach you before you leave.
We hope that these suggestions will give you some comfort during your treatment while at the Good Samaritan Cancer Care Center. Please do not hesitate to let the treatment team know if there is anything we can do to assist you with your care. If at any time you feel as if we are not meeting your expectations, please feel free to contact the Cancer Center Team Manager, Cinthia Kim at 630.275.2362.