To register for the following courses, please go to www.advocatehealth.com/seminars.
2013 Trauma Education Course Dates
- October 29th - Trauma Grand Rounds
- November 1st & 4th - ENPC
- November 21st & 22nd - AI2 Trauma Symposium
- December 9th & 17th - TNCC
- February 21st & 28th, 2014-TNCC
Good Samaritan Hospital's Level 1 Trauma Center is committed to providing continuing education to health care personnel, including physicians, nurses, and pre-hospital care providers. Program goals include:
- Increase the availability of trauma related continuing education opportunities
- Improve communication and foster collegial relationships
- Share information and ideas
- Refine patient transfer and follow-up procedures
- Fulfill our responsibility as a Level 1 Trauma Center to enhance trauma patient care and improve outcomes for injured patients
Paramedic Case Reviews
Review of individual department runs, including a lecture on a trauma topic by one of the trauma surgeons on staff. Reviews are presented to various departments annually.
Clinical Educational Opportunities
Good Samaritan Hospital's Level 1 Trauma Center offers these additional opportunities for continuing education:
- 8-12 hour rotations with the trauma team
- Observation in the operating room
- Rotations with the Specialty Transport Team
- Participation in research activities
- Clinical training site for medical students from Midwestern University
For more information, or if you would like to be added to our mailing list, please contact: GSAM-OutreachEducation@advocatehealth.com.