Upon arrival to Good Samaritan Hospital, please check-in at the Ground Floor Reception Desk located in the Critical Care Pavilion. Your family member will be given a tracking card with a confidential tracking number assigned only to you.
In the waiting area, your family will be able to monitor you as you proceed through preparation, procedure and recovery areas. When you arrive in recovery, your family may sit with you as you recover from the sedation. Because you will be sedated, it is advised that your family remain present to speak with your physician after the procedure.
Our goal is to provide excellent care to all patients. To achieve this goal, we ask patients and their families or friends to be aware of the following:
- Bring a current list of your medications and dosages to the hospital
- Average procedure time is 30 - 60 minutes. Average recovery time is 30 - 45 minutes
- If you have any special needs or limitations of movement, inform the admitting nurse prior to your procedure
- You will be sedated for your procedure. For your safety, it is hospital policy that you do not drive for 24 hours. Have a responsible adult remain at the hospital throughout the procedure and drive you home or accompany you home in a taxi
- If you are unable to be at the hospital at the scheduled arrival time, contact the Endoscopy and Ambulatory Center at 630.275.7923.
- If you have any questions regarding the preparation required for your procedure, contact your physician's office during normal business hours
The following services are available within the hospital:
- Coffee, vending machines, phones and restrooms are conveniently located in the family waiting area adjacent to the ground floor reception desk
- The outpatient pharmacy is located in the lower level of Tower 1 and is open Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. and Saturday, 9 a.m. - 1 p.m. For information call 630.275.1285.
- Java City Café, located in the hospital's main lobby, is open Monday through Friday 6:30 a.m. - 7 p.m. and weekends 11 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. For information call 630.275.1588.
- Daisy Basket Gift Shop is located in the first floor atrium and sells reading material, sundries and small snacks. The gift shop is open Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. - 8 p.m., Saturday 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. and Sunday 1 - 5 p.m.
- The cafeteria, located by the Emergency Department, is open Monday through Friday, 6:45 a.m. - 10:30 a.m., 11 a.m. - 3 p.m., and 4 p.m. - 4 a.m.; and on weekends 6:45 a.m. - 2 p.m. and 7 p.m. - 4 a.m.