In an emergency, you can count on Good Shepherd Hospital to respond quickly and with the appropriate treatment. Good Shepherd has been designated a Level II Trauma Center for over 20 years and is one only 47 hospitals in Illinois to achieve this distinction. This designation means we provide emergency and trauma care for serious injuries 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Trauma Patients are immediately stabilized by our team which consists of Board Certified Emergency Medicine Attending Physicians, Board-Certified Trauma Surgeons, and Trauma Nurse Specialists'. This team of experts provides highly specialized care for patients who need it most. With a dedicated laboratory, radiology and state of the art diagnostic equipment and specialists on site around the clock, Good Shepherd is your trusted source for emergency and trauma care.
Advanced trauma care:
- Trauma Surgeons- Trauma Surgeons are board certified surgeons that will be responsible for your overall care and are certified in Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS)
- Emergency Medicine Physicians-Board certified physicians are on site 24/7 to immediately stabilize traumatically injured patients
- Orthopedic Trauma Surgeons- Board certified Orthopedic Surgeons care for acute and chronic injuries including multiple fractures, and knee and hand injuries.
- Neurosurgical/Spinal Trauma - Board-certified neurosurgeons care for patients with brain and spine injuries.
- Radiologists- Board Certified radiologists take advantage of the most current imaging technologies such as MRI, CT scanners and interventional techniques that are used to diagnose and treat injures.
- Peri-natal Trauma - Board-certified neonatologists, neonatal nurses and obstetricians provide specialized care for infants along with Board Certified OB/GYN Physicians who will care for the mother.
- Pediatric Trauma- Board Certified Pediatric Hospitalists are on site 24/7 to assist in the care of the injured pediatric patient.
What sets Good Shepherd apart from other Level II Trauma Centers is that Advocate Health Care is recognized as the largest provider of trauma care in the State of Illinois. Good Shepherd is a member of the Advocate Injury Institute which is comprised of five Advocate Health Care Level I Trauma Centers and two Advocate Health Care Level II Trauma Centers.
Through collaboration with the seven Advocate Trauma Centers, it is our vision to become a recognized leader in metropolitan Chicago and the State of Illinois for the delivery of state-of-the-art trauma care and associated injury prevention, education and research programs.