Cardiovascular Services at Advocate Good Shepherd Hospital
Your partner in taking on heart disease. Our hearts beat as one.
The Kocourek Family Cardiac Care Center at Advocate Good Shepherd Hospital provides the best in cardiac care and the ultimate patient experience--right here in Chicago’s northwest suburbs. We offer advanced, life-saving cardiac services from interventional cardiology and electrophysiology to minimally invasive surgery and coronary bypass. Our pursuit of the latest techniques and therapies is part of our commitment to eliminate heart disease from our patients' lives.
Look to Advocate Good Shepherd Hospital for exceptional heart care close to home.
Why Choose Advocate Good Shepherd Hospital
- The Kocourek Family Cardiac Care Center provides comprehensive, life-saving cardiac services including electrophysiology, catheterization and open heart surgery with exceptional personalized care. Learn more about the patient experience at Good Shepherd Hospital.
- Our heart surgeons perform more open-heart procedures than any other group in northern Illinois.
- Ours is one of only a few hospitals nationwide to provide the "Universal bed" model of care that allows the cardiac surgery patient to remain in one room throughout their hospital stay.
- Our accolades speak volumes:
- Good Shepherd was honored with a 2010 "Get with the Guidelines" Gold Achievement Award by the American Heart Association citing quality leadership improving patient care in stroke programs
- We're one of only four hospitals in the state to receive 9 out of 10 possible stars from Blue Cross Blue Shield in the 2010 Blue Star report on quality and safety performance measures
- Advocate Health Care was recently named a Top 10 Health System by Thomson Reuters for the second year in a row
- Awarded DNV accreditation in 2012.
- A team of 40 multi-disciplined cardiologists, including 13 certified interventional specialists, are highly trained in such advanced techniques and therapies as angioplasty, cutting balloons, atherectomy, angiojet and drug-coated stenting. We are the first in the area to provide transradial cardiac catheterization.
Hear what our patients have to say.
Heart Conditions We Treat
Our cardiovascular experts treat a full range of cardiovascular conditions, including:
Comprehensive Cardiac Treatment
From prevention to aftercare, the cardiology team at Advocate Good Shepherd Hospital provides a full spectrum of care for your cardiac needs.
- Cardiac Alert Program - providing lifesaving cardiac care even before patients reach the hospital
- Cardiac Electrophysiology
- Cardiac Pulmonary Rehabilitation and Aftercare
- Cardiodiagnostics & Non-invasive Cardiology
- Congestive Heart Failure Treatment
- Diagnostic Imaging
- Heart Surgery
- Interventional Cardiology
- Minimally-Invasive heart valve repair/replacement
- Minimally Invasive Surgery and Off-Pump Procedures
- Pacemaker Implants
Learn more about our services.
Meet Our Care Team
A team of more than 40 multi-disciplined cardiologists, nurses, rehabilitation specialists, and other dedicated staff are ready and waiting to serve you throughout northern Illinois.
Meet the cardiovascular experts at Good Shepherd Hospital.
Experience the exceptional heart care that Advocate Good Shepherd is known for. Contact us at 847.381.0123 today for more information on our cardiovascular services.