Cardiovascular Services at Advocate Health Care
The Hearts of Illinois Trust Advocate Health Care
No matter where you live—Chicago, suburbs or central Illinois—Advocate Health Care's hospitals and health care professionals are here to provide exceptional care for your heart. Our nationally ranked cardiovascular programs and respected physicians set the standard for cardiac care. In fact, no hospital system in Illinois performs more heart surgeries, cardiac catheterizations or ventricular assist device procedures.
From education and screenings to surgery and transplants, Advocate offers a full range of heart care services to meet your unique needs.
Why Choose Advocate Health Care
- More people trust their hearts to Advocate than to any hospital or health system in Illinois. That means experience you can trust.
- Recognized as of one of the nation’s top 10 health systems for quality care in an annual study by Thomson Reuters based on clinical performance.
- Our cardiologists and cardiac surgeons are highly skilled, nationally renowned and at the leading edge of innovative treatment and research.
- Our teaching hospitals—Advocate Christ Medical Center, Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center and Advocate Lutheran General Hospital—train tomorrow’s cardiovascular doctors.
- Recognized by the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association's Get With The Guidelines® program for the high quality of heart failure, stroke and resuscitation programs at five Advocate hospitals. The hospital-based quality improvement program empowers healthcare teams to save lives and reduce healthcare costs by helping hospitals follow evidence-based guidelines and recommendations.
- We’re dedicated to education, prevention and early detection, using innovative programs such as the REACH® cardiovascular risk detection program, the HeartCaring program, community education programs, health and wellness facilities, extensive home health services and more.
- Our pediatric cardiology programs at Advocate Children’s Hospital are internationally recognized, drawing patients and their families from around the world.
- Advocate's clinical research opportunities give patients access to medications, leading-edge technologies and treatment options that may not be available at other hospitals.
When you choose Advocate for cardiac care, you will be treated by nationally recognized professionals with access to nearly every diagnostic and therapeutic tool available to fight heart disease. That's why so many people trust their hearts to Advocate.
Heart Conditions We Treat
From valvular heart disease and arrhythmias to congestive heart failure and pediatric heart defects, Advocate Health Care offers the experience, advanced technologies and treatments for the full range of cardiovascular conditions including:
At the forefront of innovative treatment and research, Advocate treats patients with every kind of heart problem.
Services and Treatment
We combine advanced diagnostics and treatment with state-of-the-art technology to offer access to resources including minimally invasive cardiac surgery and heart transplant surgery. Advanced treatments performed by our highly trained cardiovascular experts include:
Education and Resources
Advocate Health Care is the largest provider of community care, outreach and education in the state of Illinois. Our heart disease management programs have achieved national recognition. Take charge of your health by attending any of our screenings and classes offered at locations throughout the Advocate network, including:
- Heart Risk Assessments
- Healthy Hearts Groups
- Cholesterol Check and Chat
- Smoking Cessation Programs
- Fitness Programs
Find an Advocate heart event near you.
Our Care Locations