Advocate Home Care/Hospice
Some stages of life require a bit more medical attention than traditionally expected. At Advocate Health Care, our Home Health Care provides patients with medical attention that goes above and beyond facility-based care. Our professionals are tasked with providing the same excellence in care that a patient would find at an Advocate facility to the home of their patient. It's a challenging role, but not only do your patients depend on you, so will their families. It's a rewarding experience that can only be found in home health care.
If you're ready to build your career with the largest privately held home care provider in Illinois, we're ready to help you make that happen.
Our areas of expertise include:
- Traditional Med-Surg
- Home Infusion Services
- Pediatric Care
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
- Enteral Nutrition
- Antibiotic and other Anti-infective therapies
- Inotropic therapies (Dobutamine, Primaocor)
- Chelation therapies (Desferal)
- Pain Management
- Steroid therapies
- Anticoagulation therapies
- Blood Factor Components (Factor VIII, etc.)
- Colony-Stimulating Factors (Epogen, Neupogen, etc.)
- Growth Hormone
Our services include:
- Pre-hospital discharge planning with physician, patient, and family members to ease transition from hospital to home care.
- Care plans and training tailored to meet individual needs of patients and their families or other caregivers.
- Specially trained nurses dedicated to providing IV therapies so their skills are up-to-date.
- Clinical monitoring of the patient condition coordinated by our specially trained pharmacists and nurses to keep the patient and physician aware of progress toward therapy goals and prevent drug toxicities and adverse reactions.
- Medications prepared in our pharmacy's state-of-the-art clean room to ensure patient's intravenous medications remain sterile and particulate-free.
- Staff to assist with monitoring patient medication and supply inventories to ensure there are no breaks in care due to products being out of stock.
- Delivery of supplies and medications directly to where the patient lives, so patients and families can remain at home and focus on providing treatment rather than running extra errands.
- Specially trained nurses and pharmacists available 24/7 to promptly respond to urgent patient questions and other care needs.
- Patient insurance billing and other reimbursement services.
Advocate Health Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer