At Advocate Children's Hospital - Oak Lawn, we know that visitors can brighten the day of young patients, and we welcome group visitors and performers. To ensure a positive experience for patients, families and staff members, we have developed guidelines that we ask all visitors to follow. All visitor requests and scheduling must be approved in advance by the child life department at 708.684.4188.
- Groups are limited to six people.
- All special visitors must be at least 18 years or older.
- Photographs of patients must be arranged in advance and formally approved in writing by the parents.
- Toys and favors must be approved by the child life department before being distributed. Keep in mind that extra favors should be available for children who are unable to attend the performance.
- Edible treats are not allowed due to the dietary restrictions on several of our patients.
- Performances must not include live animals, fireworks, candles, knives, or other potentially harmful materials or items.
- Latex balloons may not be distributed to the children as they present a choking hazard.
- The child life department staff may not allow certain visiting groups or performances, based on appropriateness in a hospital setting.