- Application form
- Curriculum vitae
- Personal statement
- 3 letters of recommendation
- Medical school transcript
- Medical school performance evaluation (MSPE- Dean’s Letter)
- USMLE and/or COMPLEX transcripts
- ECFMG certification (if applicable)
- A personal interview
- We only sponsor J-1 Visas
- USMLE score above 200 Must pass first attempt
- COMLEX score above 85 Must pass first attempt
- We do not have a year of graduation requirement
- One year of U.S. clinical experience is required for CA-1 (PGY-2) applicants
We only accept applications via the Electronic Residency Application System (ERAS)
The deadline for applications is November 30th.
Exam Scores Required
- USMLE(MD): Above 200. Must pass first attempt
- COMLEX(DO): Above 85. Must pass first attempt
Position Availabilities 2014-2015
We generally interview from early November through January, primarily on Saturdays.
When you come for your interview, you have the opportunity to attend a social event with a group of current residents the evening before the interviews. The next day, interviews start at 8:00 AM and finish by 2:30 PM. The day begins with breakfast, then an introductory session with the Department Chair, faculty interviews (including one with the Program Director and one with the Chairman), a luncheon with current residents, and a tour of our institution. Interviews will be conducted on the following dates:
- November 23, 2013
- December 7, 2013
- December 21, 2013
- January 18, 2014
- January 25, 2014
- February 8, 2014
We accept J-1 Visas for international medical graduates.
Advocate Health Care does not support the practice of recruiting Residents or Fellows that require the use of an H1B Visa.
The House Staff Coordinator will assist the Resident/Fellow with ECFMG sponsorship/application and J-1 annual renewal process. We also accept the F-1 Student Visa Extension (Optional Practical Training [OPT]) for the first year of residency, with the condition that the Resident will continue residency with a J-1 Visa.