The mission of the Illinois Professionals Health Program is to support and guide Illinois healthcare professionals to wellness and healing, thereby promoting safe professional practice and enriching the lives of healers and their patients.
The Illinois Professionals Health Program (IPHP) is a statewide program of Advocate Medical Group providing support and earned advocacy for healthcare professionals throughout Illinois. IPHP clients are assured confidentiality as required by law or regulation. IPHP services aid individuals who have any problems that would affect ones’ health, wellbeing, or ability to practice, such as emotional, psychological or medical problems. For example, IPHP assists its clients with conditions such as depression or substance abuse, as well as psychosocial conditions such as family problems or stress.
Our philosophy includes care of the whole person, focusing on the special needs of health care professionals. Early intervention and evaluation offer the best opportunity for a successful outcome and preventing the health condition from interfering with medical practice. IPHP provides screening evaluation, treatment referral, treatment monitoring, and support services.
IPHP services are confidential and voluntary. Communication with the IPHP is exclusively confidential. The IPHP's activities are strictly limited to providing assistance and advocacy.
24-Hour Help Line: 1.800.215.4357
A 24-Hour Help Line is available to address urgent concerns from anyone regarding a healthcare professional, including hospital administrators, employers, colleagues, treating clinicians, family or friends
Who We Serve
Illinois Health Professionals including:
- Medical students
- Pharmacy technicians/students
- Physician Assistants
The IPHP strives to facilitate and promote the health and wellbeing of Illinois health care professionals of all disciplines by effectively addressing any and all physical, mental, emotional, and/or behavioral problems that may adversely affect their private or professional lives. This is accomplished in several ways:
- Screening and referral: screening for health concerns and referral to appropriate resources familiar with the specialized needs of licensed health care professionals
- Consultation and guidance: assisting anyone who is concerned about the health and functioning of a healthcare professional residing or practicing in Illinois.
- Support: supporting healthcare professionals so they may be able to sustain meaningful life changes for the sake of their health while also maintaining the trust and confidence of those whom they serve.
- Accountability: monitoring compliance with recommended treatment and/or behavioral plans for healthcare professionals
- Advocacy: compliance documentation is used for advocacy with employers, regulatory, or administrative agencies.