Welcome to the UIC/MWU-CCOM/Illinois Masonic
Family Medicine Residency Program
A Major Affiliate of the University of Illinois College of Medicine
NRMP Code: 313120
AOA NRMP Code: 66346
ERAS ID: 1201621467
AOA: ERAS ID: 173196
The University of Illinois Family Medicine Residency Program at Illinois Masonic will excel in the training of family physicians, incorporating state-of-the-art medical management and attention to patients' and residents' psychological well-being. We teach residents the clinical and personal skills they need to become leaders in family medicine, and in the communities in which they will practice. An integral part of our mission is to provide family-focused, community oriented health care to patients of all ages in the urban, ethnically diverse community.
We are a dually - accredited Family Medicine Residency
- Adolescent training at school-based health centers.
- Strong OB program (20% of graduates continue OB in their practices.)
- We serve an ethnically and socio-economically diverse population.
- Structured three year program in evidence-based learning.
- Training transpires in a rigorous and supportive academic atmosphere.
- 100% ABOFP and ABFM pass rate.
- Individualized educational programming, track oriented.
- Integrated resident/faculty group practice at the Family Medicine Center.
- Two Clinic sessions per week at the Family Medicine Center during multiple PGY-1 rotations.
- Hands-on experience with the Procedure clinic and regular workshops.
- Comprehensive and diverse OB training with CNMs, OBs, and core FM faculty.
- Advanced OMT Training (beloved by patients!)
- Home visit program at a variety of institutions and patient homes.
- Geriatric experience via Memory Clinic at the Family Medicine Clinic.
- Moonlighting opportunities available.
- Annual retreat.
- Educational allowance for books and conferences.
- Housing available on-campus.
- Faculty Development Fellowship.
- Located in the heart of Chicago, IMMC is walking distance to Lake Michigan.