Prior to your due date, your physician or nurse-midwife may recommend the services of the Antenatal Resource Center at Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center. The experts at our Antenatal Resource Center evaluate your special needs and anticipate potential problems.
Here, high-risk moms have access to ultrasounds performed by a perinatologist – an obstetrician who specializes in maternal-fetal medicine – who can make an immediate diagnosis and set a timely course of treatment, giving you the comfort of knowing your baby is receiving the best care, even before delivery. Genetic counselors are also available to guide you through the antenatal testing process.
Our highly skilled nurses are specially credentialed in caring for high-risk pregnancies and work alongside your physician to provide you with the best possible prenatal care. We will collaborate with you and your family during your stay and through the birth of your baby.
Our services include:
- Early pregnancy evaluation
- Genetic blood screening
- Examination of your baby’s development, including assessment of your baby’s well-being and visual examination through imaging
- Prenatal diagnosis, including standard genetic testing and counseling, heart health and amniocentesis
- Targeted ultrasound to investigate any previous unusual test results
- Measurement of your baby’s heart rhythm, or fetal echocardiography
To learn more, please call 773.296.7660.