Colorectal Care at Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center
Diseases and conditions of the colon and rectum can be difficult to discuss, but they are quite common and can usually be treated successfully. The colorectal specialists at Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center are caring professionals skilled at diagnosing, treating and managing colorectal conditions. We also stress the importance of preventive measures for colorectal health. To learn more about your risk for colorectal cancer, use the National Institute of Health’s Colorectal Cancer Risk Assessment Tool.
Why Choose Us for Colorectal Care?
- Our colorectal surgeons are at the forefront of their field and are committed to strong patient-doctor relationships rooted in respect and compassion.
- In treating colorectal cancers, our physicians are dedicated to preserving sphincter and anus muscles whenever possible to avoid the need for permanent colostomy.
- The Angelo P. Creticos, MD, Cancer Center is accredited by the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer and offers leading-edge care for cancers of the colon and rectum.
- Our patients have access to emerging drugs and therapies still in development through our participation in clinical trials sponsored by the National Cancer Institute.
- Our professional staff are sensitive to all sexual orientations, gender identities and cultural values.
Our specialists diagnose and treat a variety of colorectal conditions, including:
Colorectal Services and Treatments
The colorectal specialists at Illinois Masonic Medical Center are compassionate professionals, skilled at detecting and treating colorectal conditions using minimally invasive methods and dedicated to preserving sphincter and anus muscles whenever possible in treating colorectal conditions.