Advanced Surgical Techniques for Improved Outcomes
The physicians at Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center helped pioneer advances in minimally invasive surgery for treating urologic conditions. They continually seek new and less invasive alternatives to traditional surgery, including laparoscopic and robotic surgical approaches.
Although not all surgeries can be performed using minimally invasive procedures, these innovative methods provide many benefits for patients, including:
- Faster recovery times and shorter hospital stays, often with better outcomes
- Smaller incisions with less pain and scarring after the procedure
- Fewer transfusions and less blood loss
- Lower risk of infection
da Vinci® Robotic Surgery
The da Vinci® Surgical System has revolutionized the way many surgeries are performed. Using small incisions, a high-definition, three-dimensional camera and tiny, remotely controlled surgical tools, surgeons perform surgeries with much higher precision and fewer risks for patients.
Learn more about robotic surgery at Illinois Masonic Medical Center.
Minimally Invasive Urologic Surgeries
Minimally invasive urologic surgeries performed by physicians at Illinois Masonic Medical Center include the following:
- Removal of the prostate gland (prostatectomy)
- Removal of the kidney (radical nephrectomy)
- Removal of part of the kidney (partial nephrectomy)
- Removal of blockages in the upper urinary system (pyeloplasty)
- Urethral implants
- Urinary diversion
To learn more, for help finding a physician or to schedule an appointment, call 1.800.3.ADVOCATE (1.800.323.8622). You can also find a physician and request an appointment online.
Physicians: To refer a patient, call 773.296.7159